Thursday, April 06, 2006

In ten states

All of the blogs I visit seem to be slow lately. Must be spring fever. Or the fact that Blogger seems cranky today.

I'm short on time and topics, but I do have this for you:

Suzy (my sister, for any of you who don't know) got a webcam for her existing laptop PC. That particular PC is a beast, running windows 98, and it is painfully slow. It is frustrating to do ANYTHING on that PC.... takes quite a while to even start it up. I was trying to help her get it (the webcam) working the morning of the raffle, with no luck. (This would be one reason why I am
kicking some money her way from my recent windfall. Another reason is that she is just freaking cool and I know she would come up with an excuse to give ME money too for something fun if the tables were turned
)

She turned to a friend of hers who can provide better tech support and he eventually got the right windows drivers loaded so that the thing worked. As a joke Suzy said "Let's test it out", lifted her shirt and flashed the camera (the girl's got probably 50 Victoria's secret bras, I'm sure it was a nice one that day) and the computer immediately popped up a message:

"An illegal activity has occured. The system service will be shut down."

Crash! It was one of those moments.

At least she didn't use the badonkadonk.


Be good... and if you can't be good... be careful.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...