Friday, November 02, 2007

Before ordering a cocktail, even

Yesterday I went to lunch with two co-workers; we were meeeting a larger group, celebrating the retiree.

We walked in to the restaurant in mid-conversation and I turned to the woman standing just inside the doorway, dressed all in black. I told her we were meeting a large group and asked if she could tell me where they were gathered.

She stared blankly at me and said, "I'm meeting a friend here for lunch."

Then the REAL hostess approached me. My co-workers could barely contain their glee although one admitted she would have mistaken Blank for the hostess too.

I think I may make a game of this. In every restaurant I enter from now on, I shall ask a random person to show me to my table.

It's a miracle I've made it to the ripe old age of ...uh... 39.

2 comments:

emmay said...

Oh, please can we go out to eat again...please!!!

Sassy Blondie said...

That happens more than you would think, Carly! lol I say go with the new game...ask those random strangers!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...