Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Linus and Lucy


Linus and Lucy is that song from A Charlie Brown Christmas that they all dance to. My child #1 performs a hilarious rendition of "that kid in the orange shirt dancing".... capturing the essence of limited animation - just the arms moving a little (bend at elbows), modified twist of the feet, drooped head...

SO yes, I downloaded it from iTunes. Why not? I might actually enjoy this Christmas for once.

Never mind that my repairman failed me* and I won't have an oven for YET another week... or that my new car feels easily alarmed (It went off randomly while my car was sitting in my driveway last night. I called my friend, who sold me the car, and said "is this a feature?" He sighed and said, "Meet me down at the lot. Or, you could just park it way down the street from your house tonight.")

Nevermind that I have too much work to do and I'm falling behind. Or that someone is randomly leaving Shrute Bucks tucked into various parts of my desk at work and it's a TINY BIT CREEEPY. Because they have my picture on them and it's probably the worst picture of me ever, or at least since that mug shot in college that passed for a student ID. I mean, it's funny, to keep finding more, and the picture was from a work activity, but I'm keeping a list of suspects and being all CSI about it, and acting like I just don't care, because they're popping up in drawers and folders, and I think it's Chico's revenge. Or it's probably JV doing this, so he's laughing his ass off right now, but I also suspect Tania, and KH, and Julie, and oh my god, everybody at work is out to get me, and I need to hide under my desk. This is really NOT going to help me catch up.




*that damn oven guy,
he broke my heart,
showed up and said,
have to order that part....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! i'm hiding under my desk eating twizzlers and no one's out to get me.......... oh wait, yeah they are :-)

onescrappychick said...

OMG.. what I loved best, was the poem about the oven guy.

(pauses for a moment of silence)

Sassy Blondie said...

What?? You get cool Shrute bucks? All I get at work is a bunch of whining and shit!

Carly said...

well, but, ah, they're making fun of me.... ;-)

Johnny Virgil said...

No, I swear on my mother's grave I would not go up to the fifth floor just to mess with you. I don't go up there, period. Truthfully, I don't even know where you sit. (sorry)

Carly said...

JV, you would definitely stick out. I think it's Karen. She just didn't know I hate the photo, is all.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...