Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I'm not crazy

I'm just a little unwell...



Strep throat. Just what I wanted for my birthday. Yay.... yeah, so this post is a blatant plea for sympathy. So?? I'll share some of my crazy.

  • Today I found myself singing "Who left the door open" to my children, complete with barking noises.
  • Yesterday I ate the SOUP in our cafeteria at work. (PS, everyone knows that the second soup on Monday was the first soup on Friday). I was too sick to go out to get REAL soup, and I have no friends.
  • On the way home from the doctor's I stopped by the convenience store to get coffee cake, bread, and so on. The lady in front of me bought cigarettes and about $20 worth of scratchoff lottery tickets. At one point she made a joke about Beginner's Luck. I had all I could do not to laugh in her face.
  • On days when I am sick my couch becomes the Island of Wellness... phone, remote, tray with hot tea, cookies, etc all nearby. I can't be the only one who copes this way. But I am perhaps the only one who has home made maple walnut fudge (it's supposed to be a birthday present; I am already eating it. Yummy.)

4 comments:

emmay said...

Happy Birthday...sorry you're sick.
Last year I had bronchitis for my birthday, and two small people not yet old enough to go to school, hanging on me all day. One who was still depending on my body for all of her sustenance. It was such a happy birthday.
Feel better!

Sassy Blondie said...

Happy Birthday,Carly! I'm so sorry you are sickly. Feel better soon!

onescrappychick said...

Happy Birthday my friend.. feel better soon!!!!!

Carly said...

You all are so kind... my birthday is not till Friday so I'm hoping for the best.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...