Friday, November 16, 2007

More dental good times

So we have a history of fun and drama at oral surgeons, being that my children don't actually LOSE teeth, like, I don't know, nearly every other child on the globe.

Today went much better. We went to a different dentist, who more or less kindly told my son to tough up, breathe the laughing gas and sit still. No "drink" of stupor inducing sedative. Dare I say, we have turned a corner? I mean, he's still kind of drooling blood on my pillow, but I don't think we'll have hallucinations this time. Rock on.

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

yuck.. I hope he feels better soon!!!

Sgt said...

Thank God there are still some people willing to tell children to suck it up cope.

I feel your kids pains. When I was a just a wee one, my baby teeth didn't fall out either. In fact, they didn't even move when the adult teeth wanted in and forced them in a different direction. I had at least 2 trips to the oral surgeon to have 5 pulled once, and 6 another time.

I still remember coming out of the gas stupor and thinking I was bleeding to death because I was excessively salivating and it mixed with the blood. Its those special times in life I look back on so fondly!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...