Saturday, June 26, 2010

One last technical shot

This is approximately what I see over me while I receive radiation
treatments. (The tiny round circle is more like over my navel, so
rotate this image accordingly. Numbers are projected out of that, onto
your body, and that helps Tech line me up correctly every time)

The slices of metal are motorized. It's actually pretty fucking cool,
as far as Things That Suck... while the radiation is coming out, they
move from a more open shape with a few straight sides, to a smaller
one (not at all like this weird shape actually shown) and then farther
open again but yet another shape. It's individually mapped out for
each patient, and I have five tattoo dots they use to align me.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...