Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I love buttercream frosting


Made with half lemon, half vanilla extract.... which made producing this a near-coma inducing experience.

So summer is over (sigh), as my father would say. I am bummed that I didn't get to the "diamond mine" with my kids, or drag them on a hike around the nearby state park, or various other things that were on my list. I also have several projects I was going to "catch up on" this summer. Oy vey.

note to self: I need to stop making lists that are longer than I could possibly ever finish

4 comments:

emmay said...

um, my basement is still not done, and you know when I started that!!

Johnny Virgil said...

that cake looks too holy to eat.

Carly said...

yes Johnny, I'm sure it burns your eyes...

onescrappychick said...

I so hear you on the "list of things to do before summer ends". We won't go there, I might cry.

I'd love your frosting recipe. Every frosting recipe I've tried has been "meh".. so I just buy the stuff from the store. And it's a beautiful cake!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...