Monday, August 13, 2007

When the stars go blue

Well, I set my alarm clock for 3 AM, so that I could look for meteors. Carly is no longer typically awake at 3 AM; this should be obvious to anyone who's read me bloggin'.

When the alarm went off, I stood up, put my shoes on, donned my funky Supergirl glasses* and staggered out onto the deck, to find...

clouds.

Complete cloud cover.

I guess I'll have to stick to Perez Hilton for my starwatching.


*Seriously. People react differently to me in the glasses, what is that? ;-)

4 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I missed it too.. and the space shuttle flying by.... oh well. Last year we lay on the beach at the campground freezing, and watched it with my brother and some other crazy people. The best place I've ever seen it.. was Lake Ontario.. we used to came in upstate NY when I was in HS.

Sassy Blondie said...

Sorry, Carly! The glasses eh? It's odd when things like that seem to draw "reactions"! lol People don't seem to recognize me when my hair is up. WTF?

Sgt said...

I don't want to brag, but we had perfectly clear skies. Pretty decent show. The mosquitoes ruined our time however. Effn blood suckers!

Carly said...

Last night(Monday) I saw them! It was awesome.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...