Friday, August 10, 2007

No more posts...

I am starting to really HATE post-bound scrapbook albums. The back cover tends to rip off the posts if you put too many pages in. Annoying! Also, I can't possibly fit a year into one. (I have all of my pages for 2005 sitting on my kitchen table in page protectors, and the stack is almost 5" high. The perils of having a digital camera...)

For a while a local scrapbook store had Hiller "ring" 12x12 albums (aka We R Memory Keepers, which seems to be wildly sold out) . They have a leather cover with metal binder-type rings. I loved the way they looked, and the kids can easily browse through them. Michael's had them too, but now effing Martha Stewart scrapbook supplies have taken over that store. I don't want to buy her stuff just on principle (she's a snooty hag!), and who the FUCK needs an 18 x 18 " post bound album??? Can I express how STUPID (not to mention expensive - $80 for 20 pages...) they are? That's enormous. A small child can't possibly sit with it on their lap, and kids love to look through Mom's scrapbooks.

So tonight I found these and now I am HAPPY. They were only $20 each and shipping was about $3 each.

Now that I've changed your lives (ha!).... have a nice weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Puh-leeze. I'm still trying to wrok in 8 1/2 by 11. I LIKE 8 1/2 by 11. - p

Carly said...

12x12 can be so square. I end up breaking a page into rectangular regions... ;-)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...