Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Target is on his forehead

Today in Target (where I spend altogether too much of my time AND money) I was waiting for my offspring to use the restroom.

I watched while someone ELSE's stupid boy wheeled a cart down an aisle near me. There were a few shirts on hangers that had fallen off of a stick/rack (because they always put too many on each one, but that's a rant for another day). This guy ran RIGHT OVER them with the cart. I swear. He was at least 15, and had to have seen them a mile away, and could have avoided them by putting the cart 6" to his left.

So I walked over and started picking up the shirts and putting them back on the hook. (Because I am a mom and it is a Pavlovian response, to pick shirts up off the floor and hang them back up. Okay? whatever.)

I was not huffing or sighing or anything Mom-like, untill he starting backing up the cart right AT ME. I snapped "Don't run me over, I'm picking up the stuff you already ran over with the cart." He just jerked the cart a little to the side and said "Yeah. See you later" in that endearing monotone and walked away.

So help me. If my son ever pulls that crap he will need to have his jaw wired shut. WTF? It was just so obnoxious that he didn't even care he ran them over (probably ruined them, I didn't really look ) and didn't care when I called him out on it.

But that's ok, you little shit. I can guarantee you'll fail your driver's test at least twice.

3 comments:

onescrappychick said...

*sigh* boys!

Sgt said...

Hey!

Seriously though, my biggest pet peeve is people too lazy to put their carts either back on the curb or in the return area. Are you so pressed for time you can't spend 30 seconds returning the cart?

The only exception should be if you have kid(s) in the vehicle and your alone. Though, they are more likely to spend twice as long returning the cart. Go figure.

Sassy Blondie said...

Carly, I really hate that people don't supervise their children in public. I was in the line at Wal-Mart last week, and this woman was on her cellphone while her evil spawn kept pushing their cart into me. I turned around TWICE and said, "Please don't do that, sweetie." After the third time, I turned around and told him to "STOP IT NOW!" His mom got the big eyes, but shit, I'm injured and he was about to knock my down!

And Redline, I ALWAYS return my cart because I hate that shit too. Thank you, but I'd rather not have dings and scratches on my car.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...