Wednesday, August 15, 2007

New Stuff

In increasing order of happy
  • Knee pain has been added to my daily nonsense... which ranks right over there on the waaaaay negative side of the scale. Yesterday's fire drill did not help (walking/ limping down 4 flights of stairs) - but the woman I felt worse for was a former state worker who was new to our building and didn't realize it wasn't real. (The loudspeaker ALWAYS plays a recorded drone reciting "there HAS been an emergency reported in the building. Please leave immediately...") She was bugging out until someone realized, and told her "We do this 4x a year, it's a drill." Egads. Understand, I'm not making fun of her at all. Six years later, I still instantly think of one day, every time I see a plane fly sideways.
  • Matchbox twenty has new music out (I almost saved this for last on the list but what kind of Aunt would I be?) - I'm not happy that the next album(Oct 2) will be "a retrospective hits collection" but hopefully there will be enough new stuff to make it worth my while, and I definitely like the new song.
  • Kanye West, Stronger, (video link) is even better, based on my highly scientific rating scale--how many times I replay it on my Sirius radio. Me raving is a death knell for his career, right?
  • New nephew! (Names & details not to be provided here, because, um, they don't know I have a blog...)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

As someone who has been a fan of Matchbox 20 since before they were big (when I used to go to free concerts in Boston on the Common).. thanks for posting that. I can't wait!

And congrats on the new nephew!!! :)

(sorry about the knee thing. I can sympathize!)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...