Friday, August 10, 2007

A quiet kind of happy



I'm in love...


Isn't he the cutest little guy in the world? I heart you, N. (He was fascinated with that necklace. You probably can't see the tiny ring he's wearing, with an "N" engraved on it.) Just so adorable!

(I feel the need to explain that I don't USUALLY have twelve chins... as far as I know...)

Today is a quiet kind of day. I took yesterday off because my daughter needed to go get more parts to her braces (on the side teeth that are FINALLY growing in) and she was crying, and asking ME to bring her. Oy. So she is still in pain... that stuff hurts! My son is in bed sleeping (it's the middle of the afternoon) because he's had golf camp all week, and now it's rainy and perfect for napping.

This morning at 7 a.m. I found myself in the dentist's chair getting a cavity filled. So much wrong with that, I can't even start. ( A. Jovial dentist with growling stomach. B. My face was numb until 1 pm... scary)

Now, however I am listening to Sirius (Jazz Cafe), enjoying the rain and cool breezes, and just generally mulling over how to spend the next few hours. Scrapbook time!

I could definitely be a housewife... so why am I negotiating to work longer hours? Money. Ugh.

Yesterday D. assembled shelves that sit right in front of my treadmill. They are now holding a small TV and DVD player, just above eye level. Perfect - NOW I can watch every episode of Sex and The City all over again this winter!

1 comment:

Sgt said...

That baby has more bling than me!

Now all you have to do is set a goal of 2 episodes of running per day.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...