Monday, October 17, 2005

Frankly

this gives me the chills:

If Lourdes leaves dirty clothes on the floor, "we take all of her clothes and put them in a bag, and she has to earn all of her clothes back by being tidy," Madonna said. "She wears the same outfit every day to school until she learns her lesson."

(full article)

For crying out loud, tell the child "take these clothes and go put them in the hamper." Putting ALL of their clothes in a bag, well, you're just overreacting....it just reeks of being toooooo strict, in a scary way, for Moi...I have always believed that "disclipline" is best imposed by teaching children what they should be doing and reminding them over and over, rather than abusing them when they do something they shouldn't.

PS: Milk is off limits??? Color me puzzled - is Midge a vegetarian or vegan or something?

2 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

::knock knock knock::
Helllloooooo! It's Madonna!
We should be happy that the kid is going to school at all.

John said...

I prefer to beat kids.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...