Monday, October 03, 2005

Blogadeeblog

I saw my little niece over the weekend... she is 2 1/2 weeks old and everyone held her and oohed and ahhhhed over such a tiny bundle that does...absolutely nothing, except "input/output" and sleep. She really is adorable. Busy weekend, family party at Chez Moi. Hey, but the house is clean now. We always look at each other and say "we just have to keep it this way... how do we do that??" The kids are just NOT good at picking up after themselves.

I won't say much about this, other than, it was close to where I live, and my heart goes out to all of those people on board, and their families. Lake George is beautiful and I have been on a few different cruises there (there are at least 3 different companies that operate a variety of boats and SOME DAY, I will parasail on that lake). Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day weather-wise in upstate NY and that makes the story even more tragic somehow, to think that something could go so wrong on such a picture-postcard day. One thing you might not see on the news is that there were many private boats out, because of the good weather, and they all rushed to help, which is one reason so many people DID survive this accident.

Today, another perfect, take-a-walk-in-the-park day. I can't believe it's October. It's so WARM! We don't have a lot of fall colors yet on the trees near my house, and I am headed out to play basketball with the kids. Lest you think I am bragging about being SuperMom, let me advise you that I do things like this to make up for my "bad mommy" flaws like letting them listen to songs like "Music makes you lose control" (my son is singing it on the throne right now...) which will surely decay any morals I manage to pass along to them.

3 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I didn't realize one of the signs of poor parenting was if your kid sings in the bathroom.

And all this time I thought I was encouraging their creativity.

Weary Hag said...

I hadn't realized you lived so close to Lake George. What a horrible thing to happen to those old people. As you said, I did think about all those pleasure boaters who came to the rescue. People are trying to make out like it was their fault it happened. Why can't people just jump beyond HOW something happened instead of harping on that all the time.

Good job taking the kiddies out. I used to take my daughter up to the basketball court too... but it was more like a game of "watch mommy run after the flipping ball" than anything else!

:)

Beck said...

So jealous...I had to fire up the furnace this morning. AND it's raining. Autumn makes me nostalgic, but a rainy autumn makes me nostalgic and sad.

Don't worry, my house is only clean for company, too!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...