Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Evil Genius

So, today I got my new credit card. (I'll save time for hackers and just give you the number right now.....) I also got the forms to dispute the transaction I didn't authorize. Great. Now I need to find a notary public. Know one?

My question is, why can't these little bastard hackers do something useful with their coding skills? Write a program that will scan my kid's math homework and find the mistakes. Because frankly, I'm sick of running timestables and long division and WORD PROBLEMS, really.

Write a program that will analyze third grade books and tell me which one I can read to my kid in one evening to complete his book report (reading's the easy part, it's the rest of the book report. It has to be in a clever box/bag that is decorated to represent the book and we need to include five items that tell something about the story. So yes, we were painting a box to look like a log cabin today. It's a good thing I'm an arts & crafts freak.)

As if I don't have enough things to do. Last week it was "parents can help with searching online for images of your Native American tribe". Did you know the actor who played Tonto was a true Mohawk Indian? His name was Jay Silverheels ...just in case you're wondering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ever hear the joke about the student telling his teacher what he does at night?

Teacher: Class, we're all going to tell a story about what we do when we get home from school.

Student #1: I help my mom do my homework.

I hate arts and crafts.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...