Monday, October 10, 2005

Tomorrow's Tuesday??

It seems like Sunday night. I know I'll be confused all week, and it's going to rain, FOREVER.

Another long weekend bites the dust, with my wildly improbable (and far too lengthy) "projects I'm going to catch up on because I have four straight days I don't have to go to work" list crumpled on the desk under the Christmas catalogs that are already starting to arrive. At least the teeth thing went well.

Speaking of holiday shopping - check out this toy but be sure to scroll down to see the gem that it's BETTER TOGETHER with...because four year old kids NEED to know what color we're currently at. (I'm dying for Poly to see this.)

The things I WANTED to do(try my new yoga dvd, make a necklace, sort out some of my scrapbook stuff, order some pictures via snapfish) got crowded off my agenda by crappy things like "if I don't buy boots for my kids now, when it snows for the first time there won't be any in stores." Cha ching, $40 for boots. $60 more for jeans. Is it normal to want to fling a shopping cart as far as you can? Hmmm, no, didn't think so.

Apple pie making, part deux... much better results today because I worked in tandem with my sister in law.

I bought this in a moment of insanity brought on by Mr. Carly getting a new job (early this year). Well, my son thinks it's important to have it on so that they win. Last night, he insisted it be turned on before he went to bed, and when he woke up we told him, they'd won, and he felt solely responsible. So, tonight it looks like I may have to mess with his mind in the morning and tell him I accidentally unplugged it, if they lose this game. Heh heh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spent all of my long weekend painting my kids' bedrooms... self-sacrifice doesn't become me!

Anonymous said...

Mmm - that is sweet, but this one is better -

http://store.playmobilusa.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/PM_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=xaZdBEGy0WddJgL5hldRIo-AghnUDHriU48=?ProductSKU=3136&CategoryName=Citylife-Oeffentliche_Dienste_us&PLS=0

Item 3136. Chalk outline not included.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...