Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wine is fine

Kids got too much homework? How about a lovely glass of chardonnay before dinner, once all that pesky homework is done? Who needs to know the names of the parts of a damn microscope, anyway, unless your nickname is Beaker? (...I miss Jim Henson) What is a collective noun? WHO CARES? and do you know Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses, and that it takes an entire family to do a book report on same if it has to be in a clever box that is decorated and contains F-I-V-E objects that are mentioned in the story? Sweet mother of pearl.

...and how about another glass, with dinner, and another after that? Hey, it's a lovely Chardonnay, from Chile, gotta give it a good tasting. Actually it's not bad. D.J. might possibly like it. (Yes, you. HI!)

PS: do you know the world's tallest dog is apparently a dalmatian over seven feet tall? holy crap.

PPS: And it is snowing already in the northeast. This just isn't right. It is still OCTOBER. It better not snow on the day of my birthday party or I will totally frizz out.

Snarly out. (Only a few of you will get that, but if you don't, don't ask.)

Go Sox! (yeah, that's just for one friend but you know who you are...)

3 comments:

katsmeow said...

Go Sox? ::sigh:: What's a Cub fan to do? I refuse to become Bi-Soxual. Even in the face of peer pressure and many friends rooting for those Black Sox.

onescrappychick said...

If they were good enough to beat my Sox, they are good enough to get my cheers. And we woke up to snow today, wtf.. I haven't even raked yet (waiting for all the leaves to drop).

Dak-Ind said...

i think my younger son wil need therapy one day (thank goodness he is still too young to understand some of the things i say to him) because as he screams into my ear at the top of his six month old lungs i explain quietly and honestly "hunnie, you are going to make mommy drink!"

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...