Thursday, October 27, 2005

It's not Friday

... but I don't have to go to work tomorrow. So for the next few days I'll be wondering "what the heck day is it? Is it Monday yet?"

I appear to not be the only parent who objects to multiple hours of homework per night. I'm gonna start a union or something. At the very least I'm going to keep a log of how much time is spent per night and encourage my friends to do the same. Because, you know, I need time to blog and stuff. Really, an 11 year old just shouldn't work from 4:00 - 9:30 on homework with time out only for a grilled cheese.

Mr. C is starting a project that puts fear in my heart. He's gutting the bathroom. YES. Eight days before my birthday party. My "yes I'm 40 but the cake can't be a tombstone and I want to pick it out because I am anal retentive and yes I am making some of the appetizers too despite the fact that everyone wants me to sit down and let them do the work, because I love to cook" party. Carrott cake and a sampler of cheesecakes, if you're wondering, and something chocolate for the Mr. too

Anyway, the plan is that a wonderful man will come tomorrow and lay the linoleum I picked out a lonnnnng time ago (while wearing shorts and a tshirt, if that gives you a hint). Then Mr. C and Brother will put in a new sink and throne. So, granted, not truly gutting, because hopefully electricity is not ANY part of this project, and the tub doesn't get any play, but stillllll.

Mr. Wonderful just BETTER arrive. I don't have good luck with these things. When we did our addition a few years ago my kitchen floor was put in on Christmas eve, after a problem in the factory (rolls were sticking together at point of manufacture, rendering them un-rollable), and then a cancellation of the planned day due to a huge snowstorm. Mind you, we started the whole project in early October so I'd about lost my mind at that point. Eventually I did the girl thing, cried on the phone to the right person about my holiday dinner and how many guests were coming. Voila. Linoleum.

By Monday, I hope this will all be over. Is it Monday yet?

2 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

What a coincidence, I'm ripping OUT the linoleum tomorrow and putting ini ceramic tile in our master bath.

I'm either going to be Mr. Wonderful or Mr. Look-Who-Effed-Up-Our-Bathroom.

StrangerDanger said...

I'm so excited for you! Not your bathroom of course, but the birthday party...sweet! Literally.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...