Sunday, October 09, 2005

Aloft

Choir has started up again for the fall season at my church. Of course, Icky was half an hour late for our first rehearsal. I looked at one of my fellow Altos when he strolled in and said "Is it 7:30 already?" and was rewarded with a muffled snort.

This choir is full of comedians. If Stanley says "let's run through the other song now" you can be assured that we will all stamp our feet on the floor for a quick jog. Stupid but fun.

We did one of my favorite songs which is a Marty Haugen version of the 23rd Psalm. Usually I don't like the modern stuff (no offense to all the people waving their hands from side to side on the tv commercials, but it's just not for me, I'm not comfortable with that kind of thing and I like the old fashioned stuff in Latin)

It's a stew-for-dinner day; fall is definitely here.

3 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Hmmmm. Stew. Please pass the rolls!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can get cute rn on my LJ pages, but not NotSnarly, did you set up RSS or Atom feed or make your page unable to syndicate?

-poly

Carly said...

Hmmm... this is what I have

Publish Site Feed Yes

Descriptions Full

Site Feed URL http://goingon40.blogspot.com/atom.xml

I will have to compare to suz... I dont' remember messing with this stuff.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...