Thursday, October 20, 2005

What more could I ask?

Well, my mother has acute pancreatitis. Or she doesn't. It depends, apparently, on which family member is asking her, and even though conversations can be minutes apart the mood and information conveyed is vastly different.

So I'm checking out. I can't play anymore.

Instead, I'm going to absorb myself in catalogs. This will not be difficult to do, since this week alone, I got 3 on Tuesday, 7 on Wednesday, 4 yesterday, and 5 today.

WTF??

Dunno.

But I'm buying this for John, and this for Shamus, and maybe this for Johnny V to help him remember the tropical vacation he's on right now... somewhere near the eye of the hurricane, as far as I know.

And that's just from the first catalog. Eighteen more to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wear size 4, love diamonds and sportscars.

Anything in those catalogs for me?

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Awww. how did you know I've had my eye on that shirt?

You're so thoughtful.

Johnny Virgil said...

thanks! We just got the eyelash, so we're good.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...