Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My kids are driving me bonkers

One more day... then I will get to shove the little darlings onto the school bus.

Actually, my sister in law will, because I'll be off having more! tests! because if I do have gallstones, they are even less photogenic than fuzzy little Suri.

No, really. That baby is NOT cute, don't even try to tell me she is. That hair!!!

But back to MY kids. My son is apparently stressing out more than I thought about school. He has been doing weird things every day, with increasing frequency. For instance, 20 minutes after doing an art project, he will come to me and say that he's worried that glue might have gotten in his eye. Or if he's eating crunchy food, a half hour later he'll wander up to me and say that maybe something didn't go down, and he thinks it might be stuck, and what if it is? So I say "take a drink. Oh well, nothing came back... you're fine!" and resist the urge to kick him in the backside. Please keep in mind that the first 25 times he did something like this I reacted with a suitable amount of distress and sympathy. Momma's tapped out now. Momma has tried "are you excited about school" type questions, without much drama ensuing. Momma knows that THIS kid has plenty of friends and does fine with math, etc.

I'm going to curl up with a nice hot cup of tea and try not to even think about how my daughter sleeps until 10 am daily and needs to be up at 6 a.m. on Thursday.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...