Saturday, September 23, 2006

My new career

Rather than go back to work in my cubicle I've decided to work ON other people's cubibles.

My inspiration is the book Cubechic ... take your office space from drab to fab by Kelley L. Moore. (Quirk books, Philadelphia)

(These pictures are from the book, but Ms. Moore, please don't sue me, I'm tryin' to sell ya some books here. Really. )

I'll start with my friends, of course.

This one just screams out Johnny Virgil ...I may just sneak down to his office and actually do this.



Once I perfect the breaking and entering aspect, I'll do Shamus (how awesome is the picture of beer foam as the windows wallpaper?)



And then I'll jet back out to C-town and take care of Sarah (could anyone get ANY work done in this office?)



Isn't it awesome? Admit it Sarah, you would just die if you walked in some day and saw this.*

Really, if you want to get away from a plain old cubicle, this book is loaded with ideas and you should definitely buy it. I would never go as far as most of these pictures because duct tape, hot glue gun, etc are required... too much like actual work. But you can easily incorporate the ideas from your favorite scene without going over the top. The book has 22 different themes and multiple photos for each idea. It's a steal - $16.

PS: Shop, I didn't forget you. I can't decide between the CEO/ corner office look, the library cube (with cigars!) or the Disco look.


* I think she actually works in a REAL office and not a cube. .. but whatever. Just one more lock to pick.

5 comments:

Johnny Virgil said...

I will pay you if you can figure out a way to put a roof and door on my cube.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Um, those would be working beer taps, right? The dart board is a nice touch. How soon will you have this done? Is Monday too soon?

Carly said...

Damn. I guess I really do need a hot glue gun.

Shamus, I don't seeeee any beer taps. I'm not sure that would fly ... how about a neon beer sign?

Sarah said...

I don't know how I missed this post but it is fan-effing-tastic!!!! It's not like I get any work done now so really you'd only be helping my cause. Please, Carly. Please.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for buying my book and for using it as your inspiration! - Kelley

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...