Saturday, September 30, 2006

Randoms

I am a fantastic damn cook. Well, if I follow a recipe that is... I made chicken and dumplings tonight* and ... well, my daughter asked for seconds, so if you know her picky eating, that's the ultimate triumph. It was a perfect dinner on a chilly fall day that got more and more grey as the afternoon wore on.

I'm freezing. Our heat will not be on until TUESDAY because
  • we heat with oil
  • the furnace is old so I prefer to get it inspected before we use it for the first time
  • someone forgot to make the appointment sooner than now... and I'm complaining, so you know it wasn't me!

Since it got down into the 40's last night, we were all pretty cold. I got out my electric mattress pad cover (works like a blanket, but underneath you, so the heat rises around you.) Mine makes me a little nuts because the side with the label doesn't match to the control with the label, like the 'instructions' said it would. So every time I get it out I have to figure out which control is which. Someone was drinking on the job that day.

I have officially started Christmas shopping because I saw something in a catalog that I think my son will love. I really have to start thinking about painting his room (I promised him a Yankee stadium wall mural. ) Oy. That was supposed to get done labor day weekend. Sick, sicker, really really sick, and it didn't even get started.

*Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals version, with carrots and celery and onions, and I can't find it on the internet, I keep finding a different one that has peas. Gross.

Quote of the day:

"when you meet someone special you'll just know. A real relationship can't be forced. It just comes about effort-lent-less-ly"- Michael Scott

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes.. I think we live parralel lives. Someone at my house, who's name we won't mention (glares) hasn't called for the furnace to be cleaned yet. However.. I have an Oct. 1st turn on date for the heat (I don't care how darn cold it gets.. but last year we made it to mid-Oct before it got cold) so part of me being cold is also my fault. I hate how much oil costs right now.. hate it.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...