Saturday, September 16, 2006

Please don't smell me, Michael

While I've been learning how to go on, after the devastating abduction of my gall bladder, I've made a few notes:
  • My most consistent companion has been a very persistent housefly. It sucks to be "sick" in a busy household. They all keep leaving me here with Mr. Goldblum. That little bastard better die soon. I'm tired of him cropdusting me just as I'm about to doze off.
  • The laundry fairy has apparently died, because no one is doing mine. This is bad news for women everywhere. Keep hope alive, girls. Maybe she just lost my address.
  • My sister in law rocks, because she brought more food than you could imagine. I signed her up for Rachel Ray's cooking magazine because I think she'll enjoy it. Karma, baby.
  • Hydrocodone gives you some really eff-ed up dreams. You know it's bad when you think to yourself "Aaagh! If I just open my eyes and shut them again all of this will go away."
  • I have lost 8 lbs so far - which can be replenished by one box of wine and one box of bonbon's, I'm sure.
  • I have five incisions from the laproscopy. They are arranged in a "greater than" shape, from my vantage point (or "less than", if you were looking at me... but you wouldn't want to see me right now, I promise.)They are stitched, not stapled, thank god. I have this morbid dread that something will happen to one of the incisions, and so I keep looking at them. Eww.
  • P.S.: The sutures really freak my kids out. Of COURSE I showed them!!
  • P.S.S.: Doctor Cowboy Boots destroyed my belly button. There goes my bikini modeling career.

Wednesday (day after my surgery) the mailman brought me the new DVD of The Office, Season 2, because he's been harboring a secret crush on me for quite some time. (That, or because I preordered it about a month ago. Hmm. )

The DVD is actually four DVD's, and is loaded with deleted scenes and duplicate versions of episodes with cast commentary which are hilarious. It's SO awesome. I heart Jim Halpert. The title of this post is a remark made to Michael by his boss Jan, of course.

It hurts to laugh. Ow!

PS: Hug a nurse today. Seriously, having a good recovery room nurse makes everything SO much easier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you never make my envy you. I not only don't want to be you today, I don't even want to watch your movies!!!
-p
(saying sucks to be you with EXTRA sincerity.)

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Get well soon C!

And yes, the Office rules. Jim is funny but Michael is the best.

StrangerDanger said...

Glad to hear your feeling better and still have your sense of humor (if not all your original organs). You should get a super sweet tat that ties all of the incision scars together, like maybe a screaming eagle, or one of those cowboy guys you like so much :-)

Get well soon!!

Johnny Virgil said...

They destroyed my wife's bellybutton too.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...