Tuesday, September 19, 2006

TMX Must Die

I was watching tv out of one eye this morning when my eardrums were assaulted by the latest "hot toy". It's a world debut, people! Right in Diane Sawyer's hands!! (pffffft)

TMX is the 10th demonic incarnation of Tickle Me Elmo. Get it, X, for 10? Yeah whatever. This thing does that laugh which we all know, and it also falls down while laughing, and rolls around on the floor. It's engineered pretty well, I have to hand it to them. If it's on a flat hard surface it ends up each laugh by getting itself back on its feet, and I'm sure that's been quite a headache to troubleshoot.

But oh, my, Goooooooooooooood.

That laugh.

That long, drawn out, nails on a chalk board, please kill me now because I'm in a childproofed household and I have no sharp object, laugh.

I would not subject my worst... well, even my brother in law... hahah just kidding.... to this toy. Hearing this toy 50 times a day would make Mother Theresa start swearing like an angry drunken sailor.

Let the fistfights in the store aisles begin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*snicker* I saw this too.. (home again with a sick child) and I was taken back to 10 years ago when my MIL so graciously gifted us with Tickle Me Elmo.. the first. (eyerolls). When the battery died, we took out elmo's innards and he became a stuffed toy.

I have a SIL who is preggers.. and don't think I'm not tempted.. payback.. (grin) Beth

Adam said...

You should get one.... in case you need to get rid of houseguests/burglers.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...