Monday, September 25, 2006

top secret birthday messages

to my daughter...

Gotta hold on easy as I let you go
Gonna tell you how much I love you, though you think you already know
I remember I thought you looked like an angel wrapped in pink so soft and warm
You've had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born

Beautiful baby from the outside in
Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again
Go on, take on this whole world
But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl (1)



* * *

AND to my son...

In the sunlight or the rain
brightest nights or darkest days
I'll always feel the same way
Whatever road you may be on
Know you're never too far gone
My love is there
wherever you may be
Just remember
that you will always be my baby (2)


* * *


Yes, my kiddddos have their birthdays one day apart. I inadvertently messed it up this year, with this whole gall bladder thing...not quite having friends parties, and we even missed the family party, but they're so cool they didn't even mind sharing a birthday cake. (A box mix, in a foil pan... with no decorations... it's just wronnnnng.) And they've only gotten one present apiece so far but they're not even complaining. My kids rock.



**1- Tim McGraw, My Little Girl, from new movie Flicka
2 - Sara Evans, You will always be my baby

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to the little people.. Oh wait.. (thinks about how old my kids are and how they are all the same ages...).. (sigh).. I guess they are growing up huh? When did we get pre-teens???

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...