Friday, September 01, 2006

One of us has got to go

My gall bladder and I have been having a little feud. I'm getting tired of his antics.

There I was in my doctor's office yesterday, and all he did was press on my stomach, and Mr. Gallbladder made me wince and whine and feel nauseous. It's not every day a girl can get a doc to unzip her pants, and you go and ruin all the fun. That's not the half of it. You know, hanging around all the time for the past few weeks, making my side and my back ache, and oh, doubling me over now & then. That's the kicker.

Listen, GB, I don't need you, and if you keep this up, you're outta here. But did we REALLY have to do this on Labor Day effing Weekend? I mean, as it is, my ultrasound will probably be done by a janitor today, and the surgeon's cousin's boyfriend will probably take a crack at the laproscopy.

Don't think for a second that keeping me up all last night didn't really make me love you more.

Pffft. Have a good thought for me, ok?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck! Maybe your gall bladder can hang out with my gall bladder in the gall bladder afterlife.

P.S. The surgery isn't that bad!

onescrappychick said...

pftttttt.. you don't need a stinking gall bladder anyhow...

(psst good luck!) feel better quick!!

Carly said...

apparently it's not ready to explode, because no one has called me since the ultrasound... I still feel crappy though....

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...