Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Vacation Day 3

It occurred to me today that two weeks have already shot by since my vacation.

This, of course, was not a happy thought.

Wednesday of our vacation, we went to Assateague Island. Wild horses roam free (my daughter had several logical questions, like "why don't the horses ever walk over this bridge to the mainland?" and funny remarks like "(hmmmph) all I've seen so far is horse poop." Ahh. Nice to know PMS is already kicking in, and she's not even a teenager yet.

We did see a few horses eventually...





and spent time on a gorgeous beach (there are several beaches and camping areas on the island, and no, the horses don't come on this beach, as far as I saw, anyway. The water is off to the right of this picture... I loved the whiteness of the sand and also the fact that there were no hotels on the skyline. I didn't actually get a photo of the shoreline itself, except for shots with my family members, and I won't put those in this blog.) More boogieboarding. Big fun.



Then we went to Hooters for lunch, which somewhat terrified my 9 year old son(haha, he looked down at the table almost the entire time), and then went shopping. I am not really "Outlet Girl" so that part was boring to me. I would rather be on the beach. That's what I drove 500 miles to see, if you know what I mean.

We went to a place called Harpoon Hannah's for dinner. Excellent, FABULOUS food. I had a 10 oz broiled lobster tail. It was great. Oh, and more strawberry daquiris. I wanted dessert, but knew it would be a Bad Idea after my big spinach salad(yummy), and the lobster. Also there is a Roll Lady, who walks around with a large basket of various types of bread and rolls. You can have as much as you want, and that's all she does. Everyone loves her, naturally. Too much food!

I believe Wednesday night was the night we played Carly's version of poker. Since we had small kids with us, I made up a game the others named "Auntie Up, Char". It's rather stupid. Everyone throws one chip in the pot in the middle of the table(there were 7 of us and we each started with 10 chips.) Then I dealt ONE card to each person. Aces were low, which my brother in law bitched about the entire game. If you thought you had a high card, you could put in another chip. Otherwise you had to fold. Whoever had the highest card got the hand. It only took about an hour for my BIL to get all of the chips. I think he cheated.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...