Monday, April 18, 2005

Eff you hackers

So, I'm working on setting up the new pc and it has firewall software which in the past five minutes has blocked at least 5 attempts to ping my pc. Now I know why my old one sucked so bad. My old PC's a hacker's whore and I didn't even know it.

I should explain that I *DID* have a firewall on it but it was controlled by BSB (big stupid bank, AKA my employer) and seemed to only block ME from doing things, not anyone out on the big bad Internet, so we quarreled often and I shut it down frequently .... so I'm sure that's when the party started.

So eff you, Mr Guy In Peking trying to use MY new shiny pc to send spam around the world. I'm done with you.

5 comments:

Johnny Virgil said...

do you kiss your mother with that mouth? Jeez, and here I thought you were a prim and proper church lady.

Erik with a K said...

Remember to use layers, it's not enough to just run Spybot, also run Ad Aware, Adwatch, a firewall or three, virus scanners, etc. Seriously.

Now get to it! :-)

Anonymous said...

According to my personal firewall there have been 4,767 attempts this month. I think it's random people pinging stuff with automated stuff. I'm not that important.

John said...

My cousin Paul likes to "ping" you in the nuts when you're not looking. Did you get a Dell Carly? Mine came with some McAfee security center that showed me all the people trying to hack up into my shit. But on the downside McAfee also decided it would go ahead and download all my email from my ISP and then quarantine it even though I never set it up to do that.

Carly said...

I did get a Dell, that's why I know how many people are trying to invade me!!

I set the junk mail setting pretty high for Mr. C because he's been getting all SORTS of spam since he put his resume out Monster.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...