Tuesday, April 12, 2005

F is for...

no... not what you think ...

F is for fascinators. What is a fascinator, you might ask?

It's a really, really ugly hat. Did you SEEEE what Camilla Parker Bowlegged wore with the grey dress the day she got hitched to Charles? The is-it-a-plant, is-it-a-bird creation on her head, I believe, was a fascinator. It might not be, but it reminded me of a story I saw about the Melbourne Cup and fascinators. (Did you ever go crazy trying to remember a word or name that has slipped your mind? That would be me, for the past 3 days, trying to remember the word "fascinator".)

Here is a Google search for you.

Now you have learned something today. You may therefore take the rest of the day off and have a drink on me.

Well, not ON ME, unless the price is right. But you may plant your flag on my map.... look over on the right of this page, below the counter... please.. my solitary flag is so lonely!

3 comments:

armalicious said...

"But you may plant your flag on my map...."

Love that line. :) I've planted my flag!

onescrappychick said...

I'll plant my flag on your map any day (g)

Erik with a K said...

"F is for friends who do things together

U is for U-n-me

N is for N-ywhere or N-ytime at all

Down in the deep blue sea...'

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...