Friday, April 01, 2005

Weekend Salute

So... in the tv world...
Mr. C and I laughed at the foolish women on the newest "Bachelor" and at his drunken confessionals. What a knob.

We cringed in horror when Meredith's wife fell and bonked her head on Amazing Race and bled all over (I soooo would have been saying "I want to go home right now")

We breathed a sigh of relief when Ulong/U-lose Stephanie survived another week (but I will miss Ibraheim and his man-breasts).

We shook our heads in amazement when the other Stephanie, Trump's Tramp ...(did you SEE her flirting with Gene Simmons and trying to get him to stick his tongue out at her? Ewww, just ewwww. ) ..... just Didn't Have a Clue (and did she actually say Caroline instead of Carolyn?)

The funny thing about Apprentice was that over a month ago my co-workers spent an entire lunch doing a brainstorming session on "The Pizza Truck" which is a self contained unit - when you get a call, you make the pizza in the back part of this giant truck, put it in the oven to bake, then drive the whole thing to the house, etc. It morphed into a double decker deal, with the top being a shuttle bus to prevent college students from drinking and driving, and then it had an ATM (which actually had a little old man inside counting out the bills and making "Whirrrrrr" noises.)

I work with lunatics. However, there was a pizza truck of sorts on Apprentice, so the idea isn't completely insane.

April Fool's jokes....

The best one I ever did, I can't tell you about. It was today, and I'll be dead by Monday.

The second best was years ago. Kay and I worked together. Kay coughed up a credit card and wrote down her address and stuff for me. I called Bob at work (her husband), secretly conferenced her in, and proceeded to pretend to be from That Bank That Calls You About Suspicious Activity. I read him his address, his card number, expiration date, etc.

Then I told him that someone had been using the credit card to call those 1-900 numbers and there was (some huge number of dollars) charged to date. He FLIPPED OUT. He was screaming "I didn't make those charges! I won't pay that! Cancel that card RIGHT NOW!"

I was laughing so hard that I almost couldn't talk. Kay was listening in, laughing. It was SO funny. It was a pretty lame prank and we never expected him to fall for it so hard.

So then I told him that if he really didn't athorize those charges he had to speak to my supervisor. That was our prearranged signal for Kay to say April Fools but as I recall she was still laughing so it was a minute or two before he realized how badly he had been fooled.

So, it's been nice to know you, but like I said, when my joke today hits the fan, I'm done. Remember, if you can't be good, be careful.

2 comments:

Erik with a K said...

Awesome. I expect details. I will post about being taken in by an April Fool's joke in college later on my blog iamsofreakinstupid.blogspot.com

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Evil genius.

I'm so jealous!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...