Thursday, April 28, 2005

Something to be

I know I have zero credibility when it comes to recommending music, but it may redeem me that I know one good thing when I hear it... Rob Thomas. Seriously, it's an excellent album. Song #12 is the best, just piano and very moving lyrics. The bonus is that Rob smacked down "Mimi" as noted in the linked article.... it's like THAT, yo!

Spring is really here. The tulips are blooming. Everything's green.

The stupid animal of the season appears to be squirrel. (Title earned by being the most frequent species seen as roadkill on my daily commute.) I wish I had my digital camera with me because I'm not making this up - I actually saw a squirrel who was mushed, other than his tail, which was sticking straight up off the pavement into the air. I swear, it was the funniest thing if you're warped like me.

The NICU/March of Dimes scrapbooking project is going well - I got paperwork so I can get my background check done and be able to take pictures of the babies myself. Yaaay! I really want that badge. It means so much to me to be able to do this for the parents. Hokey, but true -- I went the other night and one of the very first moms I worked with was getting ready to bring her baby home. B is so adorable and I even got a copy of a photo of him, and digitally edited it for her (to remove oxygen tube from his face/nose in the photo - it came out very good for a first attempt) I edited another photo of a baby with much more equipment (breathing assistance) in the photo and retouched all the bad stuff away. So, the new PC will be used for more than spam and blogging. ;-p

5 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

You're the only blogger I know who can segue from a mushed squirrel to NICU babies.
Nice

armalicious said...

Dead squirrells must be the thing this season.

Carly said...

Oh... well, see, I was on my way to the NICU when I saw the squirrel. I guess I left that part out! ::::blush::::

onescrappychick said...

around here, it's possums. I took an informal poll... NO ONE has ever seen a possum that was alive.. I have a theory

Alisa said...

The squirrel sounds hysterical.

What a wonderful thing you're doing for those families!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...