Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Music

So, I've heard some new music lately. Well, new to me at least. Allow me to ramble... even though my pc is wheezing like crazy. (Old PC, Mr Carly still not done with taxes 'cause this old lady called last night and he was hoping to not do hers this year but now he hassssssss toooo....ugh....)

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally like Will Smith's new song. (Stretch? ) I listen to the local college radio station - so that I don't become a complete fossil. Plus, they play music. What a concept -- I'm not forced to listen to some moron babble. I turn up my car stereo (in my boring four-door sedan) to insane levels when that W.S. song comes on. Well, it's not like I thumpa thunka thunka through the neighborhood or anything. It's a Taurus, for crying out loud.

Rob Thomas - anytime, anywhere; is his new album out yet?

Bowling for soup - new song, Almost...excellent song ("I almost wrote you a song today, then I tore it all up, and threw it away"... haven't we all been there?)

My sister, who is exponentially cooler than me (she basically yelled at me last year for buying an Orange County Choppers denim jacket -- well, I think what she didn't like is when I put it on the collar ended up kind of half up and she thought I did that on purpose... listen, I know THAT's no good....) anyway, my sister loaned me Gwen Stefani's new cd. I'm a little tired of the Fiddler song, damn na na na na na na, but the Holla Back Girl song is good. Except, on the cd it's not scrubbed. So every third word is SHIT (instead of the Uhhnnnhuhhhh you hear on the radio stations that play whitenoise versions of songs with potty-mouth phrases, as we say...) can't be playing a song that says SHIT 30 times with the kids in the car. Oy vey.

Mariah Carey, I hate you. I don't like the "It's like that y'all" (or yo or whatever the hell she's saying) crap. What is the deal with calling herself Mimi??? Please make it stop. I loved you when you came out with Vision of Love, it's about 16 years ago but I loved it, just like I loved the entire Faith CD by George Michael (the third version of I want your sex is best.... It's late, time for bed, so I sit, and I wait, for that gin and tonic to go to your head... I know, it’s a devious plan, but it’s the only way that I know To get those big bad car keys out of your hand ... You know, that I remain a gentle man, but even so there’s only so much a gentleman can stand. Sleep with me, oh sleep with me tonight....)

JLo, and I don't care that you don't call yourself that anymore, go sit over with Mimi, please. Take that damn saxophone player with you. Or is that Wit choo?

Cierra... I like your songs even though you are so skinny you cause me to want to slap you. I don't believe those rumors that you are/were a man but it would make me feel better about how damn skinny you are. I bet you never were pregnant with a 9lb (almost 10) baby and so big you couldn't tie your own shoes, huh? Bitch. I will be there to laugh at you someday, I promise.

Honestly - that's it, all I can think of. Well, I accidentally heard a new song by the Backstreet boys. Oh, the horror.

So that's about it, kids. Recommend me some new music to listen to, because I've got that 3 month free trial of something that came on my new pc and I'm ready to download the world. I *KNOW* I don't have great taste in music - please take pity on me and offer up some names.

7 comments:

Erik with a K said...

Aye Caramba - its like a crapsicle dipped in boring shell there, Carly. Well, tastes are diferent, i know. i need to be tolerant.

Try listening to Cake's new CD, Pressure Chief. U2s new CD is fantastic. Ben Folds has a new CD out shortly. New groups - Keane is excellent, The Killers aren't bad. Coldplay has been getting better and better...

Anonymous said...

I also need to make sure I don't fossilize, but then again, there's so much crap out today. I may just hang out with Erik in the 80's.

(I'm adding your link to my blog right now).

Johnny Virgil said...

If I ran a record store, and Carly came in, I would have no choice but to go all Jack Black on her ass.

armalicious said...

Erik w/a K has good taste. Those are some really good groups. Gwen Stefani's rip off of Fiddler is very annoying. Unless Zero Mostel (Tevye) is singing it, I don't want to hear it.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Bowling For Soup - excellent band, even better name.

Carly said...

:::sniffle::: there I go, out on a limb, showing my warts, and you people laugh at me! AM I NOT HUMAN? DO I NOT BLEED? hahaha


ps Thanks AG!

Alisa said...

I too, share your taste in music. (Obviously other people do too if the bands/artists we listen to are still selling... right?).

If you do suddenly step into the pages of the Hipsters Handbook and get way cool (by music genre definition), drag me along will ya?

Thanks!

*btw* - What's wrong with 80's tunes people?! Don't EVEN pretend you didn't hit the retro nights!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...