Sunday, April 10, 2005

Wierd foods

OK, kids. This one's a sing-a-long and was inspired by Toren's sharing

What are the oddest foods you don't like, and the wierdest foods you DO like?

Just to esssplain what I'm talkin about... here are my answers for your edification and/or amusement.

I hate (in no particular order): chocolate, peanut butter, coconut, and green peppers, which kind of means I don't like MOST candy, if not all mexican food.


The wierdest thing I like to eat is a regular grilled cheese sandwich, but after it's all cooked I take some grape jelly and spread it on top like it's toast. I once got a grilled cheese at lunch and sort of quietly asked "Do you have any grape jelly back there?" and J C bellows out "Oh my god, are you pregnant or something?" I was, the big jerk, but that had nothing to do with me liking that sandwich, I like it all the time. Besides, I hadn't really TOLD anyone yet. So it sucked all over to have to go "Well, yeah, but..."

Bonus round for Moms: What was your favorite thing to eat while preggers?
For me, it was going to Salty's every Saturday and getting chicken and biscuits, with mashed potatoes on the side. I would order a soup bowl of EXTRA gravy (beyond what they already put on top). Then I would have a fresh strawberry shortcake (another biscuit if you're wondering) and the waitress liked me (no, not in that way, not that there's...) so she would put vanilla ice cream, then the strawberries, then whipped cream. Oh man, I could go eat that meal right now. (It may come as no surprise to those of you who have never met me, that my kids weighed in at 9lbs 3 oz and 9 lbs 12 oz at birth. Of course, my husband is 6'3" and gigundous.)

7 comments:

armalicious said...

No chocolate? What do you do when you get PMS? Chocolate is my saving grace...
:)

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I thought you liked white chocolate??

Erik with a K said...

not like peanut butter?? do i even know you?

Opera Gal said...

Clicked through from Waiter Rant - looked at your profile, and if your birthday is November 4th, I may just have a heart attack - 6 degrees of nothing there!! I am also just shy of 40, Nov birthday, y/o the Snake...usw.

LOL
How can you live without chocolate? Isn't that a food group?

--
K R

Anonymous said...

I hate liver and licorice. Ew!

David Tellez said...

No chocolate or peanut butter?! Girl, what be wrong wit chu?!

I could totally live on reeses candy for the rest of my life! And if I could, I would so marry it!

LOL...

And as for my weird tastes...well...I like...hmmm...I guess I'm not weird, afterall...

Carly said...

White chocolate isn't chocolate.. it's sugar and oil and stuff. No cocoa beans.

AG, licorice and liver are REALLY bad. When the kids are bugging me about what's for dinner I always say "liver and onions" :::shudder:::

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...