Tuesday, April 05, 2005

This & That

I am cranky today...
  • I knocked a stone out of my wedding band again. There are 7 tiny stones in a row and I bonk one out from time to time just whacking against this or that (sometimes I can remember, sometimes I don't). This will cost me about $100 bucks and I get to walk around wearing no wedding band for a while. Sheesh.
  • The efffing rabbit has started in on my flowers. So far, tulip leaves and crocuses. It's stew time, baby.
  • STILL do not have entire new PC hooked up. Mr. C is still doing taxes. So, no speakers, no printer. It's RIGHT THERE and I can't print or scan anything with it. Waaaah.
  • Work... I spent an hour today studying money laundering prevention even though I don't actually EVER go near customers or any of our account systems. Zzzzzzzzzzz.
What's a girl to do? I'm taking tomorrow afternoon off and hopefully will see Sin City. Yes, I will SQUANDER some free time, even though the Bishop has decided that my kids have no school Friday. (AS IF I will get them up at 4 am for the Pope's funeral. MMmmmyeahright. )

At lunch with 3 coworkers (some of you know them but that's probably beside the point, but when did that ever stop me??) we discussed that the Pope might be on ice to preserve his remains throughout the public viewing period. Does that make him a Popesicle? Are we all going to hell? I'll keep you posted. (It deteriorated into the marketability of a Popesicle frozen treat with a stick with a prayer on it..... so yeah, we are ALL going to hell..... )

So hey, watch Grey's anatomy. (Why isn't it Gray's Anatomy? Nevermind. Just watch it.) Watch it for the storlines, the background music, and the one-liners the Korean girl delivers. Be warned, however. I still cringe when I remember the makeup/effects job they did on the bad guy from this past week's episode. You might not want to be snacking while viewing this one.

Moving on down to the bottom of the food chain...don't watch Bachelor. Unless you want to laugh at how stupid (and P.S., out of SHAPE, get thee to a gym Charlie) he is -- and how trampy and catty the girls all are. Hmmm. Now that they've MET him, do they only want him to get access to his (I suppose) hotter tv-show-star brother? Whatever. I do consider letting Mr. C watch the ::::cough cough cough tramps cough cough cough um, LADIES cough cough cough cough cough:::: to be his penalty-free eye candy. So it's kind of charity work. Maybe I won't go to hell. Right? Yeah.

4 comments:

Alisa said...

Not only does Charlie need a personal trainer (not that I can talk) but he needs a pair of glasses and a hearing aide. He keeps getting rid of the classy girls and keeping the mouthy tramps! Bad Charlie.

Thumbs up on Grey's Anatomy! Great show so far (and when did Patrick Dempsey get so hot?)

Popesicle... ha ha... I can't wait to tell my grandfather this. He loves a good pun.

armalicious said...

Yeah, Patrick Dempsey has definitely improved since some of his '80's movies!

Sorry you're having a crappy day! But, look on the bright side of not having your wedding ring. Now you can go out and act like a single...even though you could have done that before. Nevermind.

Erik with a K said...

Popesicle - i love it! (I was wondering that too)

Hmmmm...no wedding band you say...

Anonymous said...

No rabbit stew!!!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...