Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Interesting... or perhaps not...

So, we have a new Pope. I was hoping for a black lesbian but those guys have no sense of humour. It's an old white guy. Surprise!

Seriously, I saw a tiny snippet of footage of him celebrating mass and holding up the Eucharist, and despite my cynical bitchy mood today it was very moving. I guess it's the whole "his life's dedication to this work has brought him to the ultimate pinnacle" thing, and that he was ordained a priest by someone who was ordained by someone who.... all the way back to Jesus. Think on that for a moment.

This latenight rambling is brought to you for the following reasons:

  1. MY PC IS FINALLY ALL HOOKED UP. The speakers sound SO good. Of course, the room looks like a bomb went off because the old pc is scattered everywhere, but this is awesome. Except the printer is giant, so it's sort of up on the top of the cabinet side of the whole desk and looks pretty bad. I need to stand on a chair to actually SEE the display/ buttons on the printer. Great. Will need to fine tune the setup - but Mr. C just told me (yes, now that it's ALL TOGETHER) that he might switch this desk for another one he got from his brother with more drawers and such. Fabulous.
  2. I don't have to go to work tomorrow. Actually I'm sure they were probably hoping I'd show up but I have to burn a vacation day because my kids have spring break and
    A) I'm a loser who can't afford a cruise, not that THAT is a good idea recently, and
    B) I have no damn babysitter because the girl I thought would do it has a 2nd job and they are running short this week so she bagged me.
  3. I had three sodas with dinner. If you have met me in person you know that Me + Soda is not a Good Thing. Me + three sodas, well I am high, basically. We went out for a "quick bite" at a local bar sort of place and they had a meeting going on in the other room so our dinner lasted two hours. Arrrgh.
  4. I wanted to brag to all of the girls that I had lunch with Shamus AND Johnny. Johnny drove the convertible and made fun of me because I didn't want my hair messed up. I have to say it was nice to just lean back, close my eyes, feel the sun on my face, wind in my hair, yada yada and let someone else drive while I just relax for five minutes. Because, you know, the leaning back and closing my eyes thing JUST doesn't work if I am driving.
    Shamus was ranting about a really stupid story in the local paper, and didn't you say you blogged it Shammy? Where is that? We saw a really icky woman with too many tattoos and Johnny started talking about people who peel the top layer of their skin off in patterns so that the scars form in those patterns. This is something I did not need to know.

That's about it, goodnight kids!

7 comments:

John said...

I want to go to lunch with you and Shammy and Johnny V.

Carly said...

LOL-- I will make it happen, John you wench.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

John, you get Johnny out there next week. Make sure and keep him up late, he loves that.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

And I had fun even though I didn't get to ride in the JV convertable. I didn't want my hair messed up anyways...

Erik with a K said...

Lunch with Shammy is kind of like, well actually i don't know. he never let me eat lunch with him. I guess i wasn't "cool" enough or "punk" enough for him.

You, Carly, on the other hand - I fondly recall our lunches with the group.

Carly said...

I remember Erik!! We used to go to lunch early to get a big table so we could all sit together. ::sniffle::: I miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous. Biotch. :)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...