Tuesday, May 10, 2005

It's far too nice out today

I have a reserved parking space for the month of May. I won it by participating in the monthly 50-50 raffle at work. So, knowing that I can zip right in and out whenever I want, I have been going out to lunch frequently. I got one of the spaces on the upper parking deck, and I work in an office park with plenty of wooded areas and so I see all sorts of really nice "spring" scenery when I go out to lunch.

And so, I now interrupt this blog (more or less) to bring you "Carly high on Mother Nature, and not the kind that requires a bong, either"...

The weather is much too glorious for anyone to be doing any "real" work inside.

The sun is warm, and perfect for napping on someone's shoulder on a great big soft quilt in the middle of a park. The breeze is blowing the clouds around and it's not too hot, and not too cold, Goldilocks.

Wear some jeans and your favorite old t-shirt from the best concert you ever saw. No formal business suits and impractical shoes. Go for the sneakers - but then kick them off and stretch out with your barefeet in the grass. Look at the flowers. Count the birds.

Talk about little things, or big things, or nothing at all. It's OK. Just soak up as much springtime as you can. Drink wine (don't get caught....) and eat cheese and crackers. Don't litter. Watches, cellphones, and pagers are forbidden, .... why, they are evil, I say!!

Call your boss and say that something has come up and and you won't make it back to the office today.

Can you tell I have completely come down with Spring Fever?

2 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Calling in.... that sounds great!

BTExpress said...

I need it to be just a tad warmer before I go to the park. Then the ladies put on the shorts and tanks tops or bikini tops to catch the rays. Now that's sight seeing.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...