Saturday, May 28, 2005

Bloks

Guess what my son and I spent a good chunk of today building?

This

...except, this website is slightly out of date, because on the box it said that mine had 780 pieces. They also upped the recommended age to 8+ but they're kidding themselves, there was no way he could do it alone. Maybe if he was 12.

***

We went to the Country Drive-in for dinner which is a classic around here. You walk up to the window to order your burgers, fries, etc, and there are huge picnic tables all around the place. It's mobbed on a summer evening.

We were about 7th in line and this chick about 3 people behind me actually whipped out her cell phone, called in an order, and smirked over her shoulder at us as she walked toward the second window(where you pickup your food). She actually SAID "I'm not waiting in this line" in a very smug tone. Obviously she was in a hurry, because she left her house looking like something the FUG girls would scrape off their shoe. Geez, comb your hair and put on a top that fits you.... So I summoned up every Karma god within earshot and muttered "Please, please". Everyone around was talking about what a jerk she was. She stood there right in front of the window with her purse on the ledge kind of tapping her foot. Grrrrr.

The kids working inside must have been on to her because she ended up waiting m-u-c-h longer than she would have if she'd just stayed put. It was with great delight that I sauntered up to the window when our number was called and said OH so sweetly "would you move out of the way please? My food is ready." Mwahahahaha. It was at least another 10-15 minutes before we saw her walk to her car. Glorious.

1 comment:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Ah.. justice. So nice to see every once in a while.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...