Friday, May 06, 2005

Frasier's back

Every year there is a crane on the pond near my house. This sucker is huge...last year he stood in my yard and was so ginormous that when I noticed him I thought is was something my neighbor rigged up to play a trick on us.* Then I opened the window to get a better look and his wings unfolded -- with a big WOOOOSH he started flapping them and lifted off like a damn cargo plane. I almost fainted. He looks something like this. So, I need to start carrying my camera around, because I could have gotten a great shot of him this morning.

Plus, today I saw a limo parked in our office park. Along the side was the name of a skydiving business. On top was a dummy designed to look like a skydiver whose parachute did not open (... and so he crash landed on top of the limo and was lying there motionless). It was funny in a strange sort of way and made me think of Johnny.


*My neighbor is a smartass. One year Mr. Carly hadn't started mowing the lawn yet for the season and Bob had mowed his a couple of times because he was newly retired. He came over and mowed the letters MOW ME into our lawn, five feet high. It was awesome especially from the upstairs windows. We got him back by getting a lifesized Santa from one of those catalogs like Harriet Carter that are all full of random stuff. We stuffed it with newspapers and tied it to his lampost on the 4th of July. It was posed so that it looked like Santa was waving at everyone driving by. So, we do stupid little stuff like that to each other every now and then. it's just about time for a new prank.

I humbly beg the masters of the genre' to give me some better ideas.

1 comment:

BTExpress said...

Lawn fertilizer in the saying of your choice, or draw a picture with it. It won't ruin the lawn, but will stand out for quite a long time. Just don't go crazy with it so it kills the grass.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...