Thursday, May 19, 2005

What's canoe with you?

I was watering my garden and trying to get my mind off of something and I turned my head because a moving red object caught my eye.

It was a canoe, being carried up the middle of my street by two boys who were about 13. Except they didn't know how to carry it - I tried to tell them (while laughing hysterically right in their faces) that 'you should flip it up and over, and carry it on your shoulders.' "We have too much stuff in it" was the reply. I asked them where they lived and it was two blocks away (uphill, seriously.) It was funny because it was such a random thing, and they had so far to go, and they would make it about 10 or 20 feet, put it down, and try to pick it up a different way. If the Mr. was home I could have thrown it in the Explorer. But oh well.

My daughter came out on the porch, looked at them, saw them drop it, and snorted. "Losers."

It was so CLEARLY something Shamus and Virgil would do when they were that age.

1 comment:

Johnny Virgil said...

No, I'm not that stupid. Most likely, I would have had the front end on a wagon, and my friend carrying the ass end.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...