Monday, May 09, 2005

NOW I remember...

Of course...

Every few days for the past month I get offers in the mail to buy something like these items. One is a set of statues. One is a "collector's plate"... whatever... They're priced at well over $100 apiece. He must be spinning in his coffin(s).

It is really grating on my nerves and I am Catholic!! I think I am receiving it because I was a fool and bought this for Mr. Carly to celebrate his new job.

Are you all getting all of this junk mail??

4 comments:

BTExpress said...

Don't be fool and buy any of that stuff. It will be worth less when you try to sell it, than you pay for it today. My stepmother bought all kinds of plates from the same outfit and can't give them away. I'm serious, she can't give them away.

Johnny Virgil said...

I get victoria's secret catalogs, and shooting catalogs. I am not sure what that says about me.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I bought the whole Pope John Paul Action Figure series. It has the Pope mobile, the Pope Cycle and the Pope Plane vehicles, plus several changes of robes and hats for him. My favorite is JPII with the powerful grip.

armalicious said...

We get that shit because my husband used to collect Elvis plates from the Bradford Exchange. The Pope stuff is going a bit too far, me thinks.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...