Thursday, May 19, 2005

To my lurkers and new visitors

I love all of these answers to my questions of the day. Now I am perhaps talking to myself, which is odd, but I am so happy to see new faces in my blog. Where are you all coming from? I am so happy to see you. Right now I happen to be drinking my second rather large glass of wine so please forgive me if I am incoherent and corny. Frankly, I don't give a damn. (ha!) When I started telling people my blog name, I had misgivings. I was all "oh no, what if they think it's stupid?" but now my attitude is "If you don't like my blog, I don't care. Go click somewhere else. There's plenty of Internet." But apparently a few people do like to stop by and see what I have to say, and I'm happy about that.

Incidentally the glasses have dragonflies and butterflies hand painted on them which I love. My "baby" sister, who is 30-something and totally fucking awesome, gave them to me. Seriously if you don't know her, she is amazing and you are missing out.

I severed a friendship yesterday. End, finito, kaput. It was a decision I had to make, and I have been avoiding taking action. My sister, who is a good and true advisor to me, wanted me to be honest with this person. I was afraid to do it. I don't like confrontation and conflict. Hello! Understatement. But another friend helped me see that this person was hurting me, more than being a friend to me, again and again, and that life is too short to allow people to treat me this way. So now it is done. I am sad, but I am going to move forward. The dread is gone. Mr. Carly and the others I've mentioned are in my corner so it will be OK.

Seeing so many new names commenting in my blog is touching my sappy little old heart more than you guys know. Yes, I'm a dork. So what? When I started blogging, which is completely the fault of Shamus and Erik, I have spent so much time on this that I could absolutely kill you guys, for a while I thought "what if I blog and no one will read this?" But that crazy little Sitemeter tells me you are coming here, more and more. I'm not sure why... but thank you.

And Virgil, one smartass remark and I will totally kill you on Monday. Just one word, and you're dead. Dead I tell you!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you all coming from? I am so happy to see you. Right now I happen to be drinking my second rather large glass of wine...
*****
I've been lurking since you posted the link. I loved all of your wine class posts and here you don't even tell us what kind of wine you are drinking now? ;)
Back to lurking, Crys (from H'ville)

onescrappychick said...

Rock on Car... I'm in your corner.
Here's a toast to severed friendships. Sometimes you just have to cut the cord. It takes a big person to step back and realize that even after many years, it's not working out anymore.

And I wouldn't go back and visit anyone.. I think I bloged that all that crap forms who we are to the core. The good the bad and the ugly.

Carly said...

:::sniffle::: all my Boosterator friends - you know I love you guys!

it was a chablis, a box wine... oh, the shame

;-)

Carly said...

She wouldn't stop calling! Simple enough

Johnny Virgil said...

Can't.....hold....back....must....make....sarcastic....comment.....GAH!

1. Maybe if you didn't start your counter at 1000....

2. Your baby sister is hot.

3. I forgive you for severing our friendship.

4. I can out-run you, so I'm not scared.

5. Dragonflies and butterflies should be like, eternal enemies, and definitely not on the same wine glasses.

Carly said...

Johnny, you suck.

1. it was 503, actually.

2. Yeah, I know, don't you have any decent friends to introduce to her?

3. We were never actually friends

4. When you least expect it...

5. why? dragonflies live like, one day.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...