Thursday, May 26, 2005

Action!

Ok, everyone. I'm faced with something nearly unimaginable to me: for the next four days I have FREE TIME. NO OBLIGATIONS.

I think I need to rent a couple of good movies for Saturday night. It's been raining here for days so a cookout is pretty much not an option. There's a guy next door lining up all sorts of animals.

Bear in mind, I literally almost never go to the movies. In the past couple of years I saw Chicago, (Richard Gere just can NOT sing), Shrek(s) and Incredibles with my kids, and National Treasure. (Sin City too, I'm still queasy....)

So -- recommend away: What 3 movies should I rent for this weekend?

I'm looking for something that is:

  • Action / suspense (but not yellow smushy blood and extreme violence like SC)
  • NOT a kid's movie, thank you!
  • Not an outright Chick Flick -- love stories are fine but pick something my spouse won't hate - make it a subplot, not the main point of the movie.
  • (edited to add....) Comedies are always appreciated

Thanks!! Who loves ya, baby?

3 comments:

Brian said...

I just saw sanjay and kumar goto white castle, which was kind of funny.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Free time eh?

Well, some good ones I've sen recently:
The Station Master
The Life Aquatic
National Treasure

Johnny Virgil said...

some of my favorites:

Birdy
Finding Forrester
Kpax
The Crow
Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Minority Report
Dead Poet Society

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...