Thursday, January 12, 2006

Random thoughts

RT #1: Everyone is saying that Brad & Angelina's baby is going to be the most gorgeous baby ever. Have you ever heard of recessive genes, people? I hope this baby's uuuuugly.

RT #2: I have to sing a solo this weekend at church. Just the responsorial psalm, and I get to hide back up in the choir loft. No big deal, but I can not sign that thing on key no matter how hard I try. It's just a skoootch too high for my range and I think it sounds yucky, but Stanley is going to make me do it anyway. I am praying for a blizzard. Empty seats! That's what I like.

I will especially stink out loud compared to last week's mass. We sang a song before mass that is called "The 12 songs of Christmas" or something like that and includes various hymns like Joy to the world and winds up with a big finish (part of the Hallelujah chorus.) Well, it went extremely well and the congregation actually applauded it when we finished. You don't see that often at a stuffy old catholic mass. Stanley of course immediately said "we're doing that again next week."

RT #3: my mom makes excellent Christmas cookies, but she still has so many left over that she wants to give me a fresh new batch. I mean, they are awesome, and I will eat them, but it scares me that they're about a month old now!! I have no shame. (I will have to fight off everyone else in my household for them) We use old danish recipes that mostly start out "take a pound of butter and a cup of sugar".... accept no substitutes!!

RT #4: I hate winter. I hate winter coats, which never fail to get all twisted and bunched up when I try to get into the car, and then I just about strangle myself in the effing seatbelt. I am longing to go somewhere warm and sunny right now.

RT#5: Ok, what the hell was that "beast" made of black smoke? I hate them for doing that supernatural copout crap. And why does every character have to be paired up? Not that I mind that it looks like Hurley will be getting a little some, (won't she be REALLY happy when she figures out he's a gazillionaire) but geez.

Rt #6: Because I am 40 now, I need to have a mammogram. Every year, from now on. Dammit. I know this is TMI for y'all but, dammit!! Just what I want, my melons squished into pancakes, between two cold metal plates. Why don't these men doctors squish their boys between those plates to check them out? Something tells me we'd get a kindler, gentler testing procedure right quickly. (If men had to birth babies... don't even get me started)

That's it... that's all I've got. Just like in "Call me Al", I've got a short little span of attention, and ohhh my life is so long...

3 comments:

mckay said...

join the squishy club, M'am.!

now that you've had a mamagram, people can officially call you, Ma'am. it's a right of passage...and an excuse for flat boobies.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Hiya! I got my first mammo at 35 because I requested a baseline. It does not hurt. Really.

Hahah, and McKay, I used to tell people who referred to me as Ma'am... "You can't call me ma'am, I'm not old enough to have a mammogram yet!"

LOL. And YOU MISSY, get that mammogram ordered and get it done. It's important, very important for your health!

And send some cookies my way!

StrangerDanger said...

I can assist with #6 - I use a three tiered approach, visual inspection, 3 dimensional personal topography and stimulation, THEN the mammogram.

But seriously, get them every year, my mom and sister both had bc.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...