Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The rest of the story


His email said... "this afternoon ...the moment was there, I knew it, and I knew that if I didn't take it I'd regret it later. So I took her face in my hands and said, '... let's get married.' "

You know, a lot of people go to a lot of trouble to plan an elaborate proposal, but that's one of the best ones I've heard in a while. Simple, and genuine. Holly's quite lucky!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I am getting a cold. I don't know yet who to blame, but this sucks. It's the weather. Warm cold warm cold cold warm warm warm. Dammit!

In other cheery news I went to a wake this afternoon. A good friend's father died, after having been gravely ill for a couple of months.

I cried. Dammit. Instead of comforting her, I hugged her and my eyes filled up with tears and I felt like such an ettiquette reject. I did not know her dad. I just care very much about my friend and was sorry about her loss, ...but she wasn't crying. She was more or less numb. So there I am wiping away tears and feeling like a schmuck. I mean, I know she appreciated my visit, and hopefully that WAS of some comfort, but I just felt guilty somehow.

In my own feeble defense I slipped in mud right outside the funeral home and almost fell smack on my face. So, I was extra frazzled just walking in there.

It was just icing on the cake, on a day where everything seems to be all out of kilter. This rainy, cold crap is making me nuts.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...