Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I might almost actually relax...

This never happens! FOUR FREE DAYS (almost). I don't have to go back to work until Monday, and I don't really have plans for most of that time.

Here are some things I have on deck:

  • loaf around in sweats and watch whatever episodes of The Office that I still have on my DVR (and purge High School Musical.... damn I know almost this whole movie by heart... my kids keep playing it...)
  • clean out "my corner" which is where my scrapbook & jewelry stuff is. I have a very small card table that I use to work on but it's piled high with crap. I need to fix that situation so that I can use the table.



  • I have to re-build my dragonfly necklace because I sold it to someone just before Christmas. I had planned on making a copy to sell to her, and I purchased all of the materials, but I just ran out of time and at a very frazzled moment I thought "why am I killing myself like this?" -- so, I sold her the original. Besides, now I can rework it slightly so the strands are more entwined. Damn, this bullet is messed up and I can't fix it. Arrrgh. Must Learn More HTML.




  • I also have to make a gift for my mother in law. She is going to be 80 and we are having a VERY small party (immediate family only) at her request. Every year she writes a Christmas letter (they send out about 75 Christmas cards, no lie, but only about 20 that are out of state get the letter). I am going to build her a shell album for them, where each page is decorated along the right 2" or so with Christmas-y sort of paper and the year. I know she has letters going back for 15 - 20 years at least; my only challenge is to figure out two things: how far back to go, and how many future pages to make. ("what you think I'll be dead by 2010?" - no way will I win this one). I can't ask for the letters, because then she'll figure out what I'm doing. So I'll have the album ready and decorated and we can just add the letters in after I give her the gift.
  • Watch Survivor!! booo yahhh
  • Other scrapbooking - I have a bunch of photos to upload to Snapfish so that I can order prints; I have several ongoing album projects (see how I am building a list of Everything I Have Ever Been Meaning To Do?? I always do that when I have time off....) where was I?
  • school stuff - it's about time for me to work on the Father Daughter dance AND I am helping with the school play this year. I'm mostly going to manage the process of getting other parents involved so that the two teachers doing the play don't try to do all of the associated work as well such as costumes, etc. It will be fun. (Remind me of this statement, in April.)
  • Oh, and YAY... more wine classes have been set up! Ted, wine & cheese... I'm so excited. Recaps will be posted, hopefully starting next week.

    • I will need a vacation after this...

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I looove time off with nothing to do. Why do I always fill it up though?

    Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

    Sounds like they are changing the formula on Survivor a bit. I hope they don't ruin it!

    Things will get better... right?

    I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...