Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Help! There's a dog on my face

It's amazing how often daytime television can be unintentionally funny. Just this morning I was relaxing under the covers and clicking through some TV when I came across an info-mercial for some makeup "created" by Lauren Hutton. For only $30 I can get a sample "Face Disc Plus" with a thirty day money-back guarantee! Hey wow. (Of course, then I'll get myself in a makeup club where $40 packages keep coming every time I turn around...hmmm... why aren't they mentioning that?)

I kid you not, one of the sections in the Face Disc Plus is called "pooch & nose". Hmm. Never knew I had a pooch on my face! I thought maybe I'd misheard my girl Lauren so I got up and actually checked the webpage (blocked that cookie right away, let me tell you... )

But you know Lauren has a sense of humor... right there on her webpage is a link named Strange Stuff . Plenty of clever captions like "A Girl's Got to Look Good Anywhere" ("After being in the bush for weeks, I have to touch up. I can’t meet the other campers looking like a warrior!")

You know I have that problem all the time, I meet other campers and they say "Geez Carly, you look like a warrior! Go cover up your pooch!" Uh huh.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...