Monday, February 20, 2006

More vintage goodness

I got my hands on a small but fantastic pile of old pictures yesterday. They belong to my mother and father in law - pictures of them with various family members who are all gone now... the best ones are:

  • wedding picture of Aunt Joan, who was killed with her husband in a car accident on their anniversary, only a couple of years after they were married
  • picture of my father in law as a tiny baby, sitting in his grandmother's lap, with his mom standing nearby
  • pictures of FIL's dad, who I have never seen in photos before as he has been gone many years
  • picture of my father in law sitting on a library table, which I currently have standing in my living room (the table, not the picture... he was about two when it was taken)
  • picture of Uncle Larry, Aunt Fran, and Bobby taken 40 years ago.
  • Wedding photo of H & N who were first cousins of my father in law and this will absolutely FLIP their two grandaughters out if they've never seen it.

So, this is good because I needed more projects. I've been bored lately, nothing much to do. hahaha.

Once I get started on scanning I will post a couple. My plan is to scan everything and make 3 cd's one for each of the 3 brothers. Then the other two brothers can print whatever they'd like, and I'll make some copies for my own use. The originals will go in an album for my inlaws.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...