Friday, February 10, 2006

Chick?

I had to resist naming this entry "I'm not a girl?" because I hate the song that springs to mind. Gah!

Got on the elevator yesterday, after getting my usual enormous cup of tea from the cafeteria downstairs. I had this sweater on that snaps up the front and for some reason the 3 bottom snaps opened up. Weird. I just turned wrong and my badge snagged the sweater and poppity pop pop. (I had another shirt on underneath, so it's not like I gave Big Brother in security a free show or anything.)

So I tried to snap them without putting the tea down and finally set my tea down on the floor so I could just fix the sweater. Of course, at that precise moment the doors opened on the second floor, and this guy I don't know walked on.

He gave me the hairy eyeball, because I was sort of flopped over and he asked me if I spilled my tea. I just burst out laughing, and so he did too, and I handed him my tea and sort of said "here, just hold this before I DO spill it everywhere " and he made a remark about some woman falling over on the elevator.... just as I was making a similar remark about "a crazy girl on the elevator".

Wait!!

Did he say woman?? I said girl.

I don't want to be a woman. Women are old and get called Ma'am by grocery baggers. Can we get a new word??

Seriously? Seriously. (yes, I absolutely stole that from GA)

I do not think of myself as a real grownup. Why is that? I have a husband and two kids and a job and two car loans and a mortgage so why do I spend a good portion of my days feeling like I'm not quite as much grown up as everyone around me?

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...