Friday, February 03, 2006

Day 1 recap

What I actually DID on day 1 of my vacation:

  • stay in bed until 10:30 A.M. , on the phone with Sue for 2 hours. I love my sister.
  • pondered the thought that maybe Bradd Pitt is just a weird pain in the ass (why does he always morph to look like the woman he's shagging?) and maybe just MAYBE Jen is happy to be rid of him given that his IQ appears to be about 40. This thought arose after discussing how much it has to suck to have your love life disasters splashed all over the internet.
  • used lots of Zicam... honestly, you should go buy a pack of this stuff now, and when you feel that creepy scum on the back of your throat that tells you you're getting a cold, start using it right away and you will be amazed. I wouldn't steer you wrong. Look for the cold remedy ones that look like individually wrapped q-tips, not the nasty spray bottle, because then you can share the box with your family since everybody tends to catch a cold all at once. They WORK.
  • watched one of my favorite movies... I'd tell you but you'd laugh so nevermind...by then, it was past lunchtime... heh. After lunch I started the first of 6 loads of laundry. (I can never escape that.)
  • checked my work email... because I am a dork...and we can't have my blood pressure get down to normal, can we?
  • made my son write all 40 of his spelling words for this week, five times each. Holy crap this took FOR-ever. Hours. You would have thought I was making him write out the encylopedia page for page and he drove me crazy trying to get out of doing it. No, you can not go across the street and play with that kid I can't stand who always turns everything into a toy gun. Mmmmmnope.
  • meanwhile, my daughter was working on her state project (the teacher gave her enough homework to match an entire school day, which annoyed the crap out of me because it meant we couldn't go anywhere fun) and B and I got into a good argument over Vermont's topographical map. I'm always happy when the school learning fair is O-V-E-R.
  • this is Catholic schools week (propaganda and open houses....) and so my daughter also had to make a funny hat. This turned into a torture exercise and yielded one reeeeeeally ugly hat. Oh, and also a large mess.
  • Watched Survivor. They are SO stupid to have voted her out rather than Ms. Leaves. Even Jeff was saying "what??"
  • Watched the Office.... why is it getting depressing now? Or is it just me? Every episode seems to end on a down note.

You will notice I did not do MOST of the things I previously said I would....oh well. Tomorrow...

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...